grandma Katrina's chocolate cookie cake
my grandmas chocolate cookie cake she used to make, only I made a healthier version and added cherries and graham crackers instead of regular cookies .. enjoy! :)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 table-spoon unsalted butter (fat free)
- 1/4 cup corn syrup ( you can use low sugar corn syrup)
- 7 ounces Green & Black's Organic 72 percent Bittersweet Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 1 egg ( i use egg substitute)
- 2 ounces graham crackers (about 8)
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup candied cherries, reserve a few for decoration
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 14mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Chilling time: 4 hours
Use: 8- x 3-inch loaf pan
Line loaf pan with waxed paper or alternately butter pan. Set aside.
Melt butter and corn syrup together in small saucepan over gentle heat until they begin to boil.
Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, then mix thoroughly with butter and corn syrup mixture.
Beat egg slowly and continuously into hot chocolate mixture.
In separate bowl, break graham crackers into large chunks.
Add walnuts, raisins and most of cherries to cracker mixture.
Pour chocolate mixture into cracker mixture and mix with spatula or wooden spoon.
Press mixture into pan and decorate with reserved cherries. Refrigerate mixture about four hours. To serve, peel off waxed paper and cut into slices or cubes. Serve chilled. enjoy! :)
You'll also love
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.2/5 (102 Votes)
- 3 minute cupcakes 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Magic Sticks 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Fudge 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Sliced Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Caramel Brownies 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk