A rich and moist caramel chocolate brownie
- 1 1/2 cups Baker's chocolate (unsweetened or sweetned)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11oz bag baking caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350
In a microwave-safe bowl, or a saucepan over a low heat on the stove, melt together the chocolate and butter.
Stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the flour and salt, just until incorporated - do not overmix brownie batter.
Spread 1/2 - 2/3 of the batter in a 8x11 or 9x13 baking dish lined with either foil or parchment paper.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Put the dish with the brownies in the refrigerator or freezer while preparing the caramel.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the caramels with the heavy cream.
Stirring frequently, melt the caramel until smooth.
Spread the melted caramels over the baked brownies.
Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the caramel layer, spreading the batter as evenly as you can.
Return the brownies to the oven and let bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the brownies cool completely - then trim the edges and slice the brownies
You'll also love
- Cheesecake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Diamond sweet 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Sour Cream Icing 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Chocolate Bottom Cupcake 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- krispy brownie delights 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Snacking Cake 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4/5 (125 Votes)
- Classic Caramel Chocolate 4.7/5 (50 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe