Stir Fried Kimchi
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 1/2 pound sliced pork belly
- 2 cups Korean Cabbage (kimchi) roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Spicy fermented soy beans. You can find this at an Asian market)
- 1 TBS Bluegrass Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Bourbon Smoked Black Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat a skillet until very hot. Add the pork in a single layer and fry undisturbed until some fat has rendered out. scrape the pork off the pan and quickly stir fry until cooked. Transfer the meat to a plate and drain off all but a tablespoon of fat.
Add the kimchi, and onion and stir fry for a minute. Return the pork to the pan along with the gochujang and Bluegrass Soy Sauce then continue stir frying until the kimchi is cooked and the pork is tender. If your pork is sliced thicker than a few millimeters, you’ll probably need to cover it and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes to tenderize it. If there’s any extra liquid remaining at the bottom, turn the heat up to high and reduce until the sauce coats the meat and kimchi.
Drizzle with sesame oil, sprinkle with scallions and Bourbon Smoked Pepper.