Apple Pork Roast
Slow cooked pork roast with an amazing apple flavor that cooks into the meat.
- 3 lbs. Pork Roast
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 apples, sliced (I used Gala apples)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 360mins
Cost Average budget
Pour apple juice in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Cut slits into the top of the pork roast.
Put an apple slice in each of the slits in the roast, reserving the rest of the apple slices.
Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with pepper, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Top with remaining apple slices
Cover with lid, set on low and let cook for 7 hours
Remove roast when done cooking to cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes.
Cut the roast where the apple slices are in the slits you made.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.