Mediterranean Pasta & Chickpea Salad
- 1 box Elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 - 16 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 med yellow bell pepper, stemmed, cored, and cut into short strips
- 1 sm red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- salt & Ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
1.Cook pasta according to package directions with 2 tablespoons salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place in large bowl.
2.Meanwhile, for dressing, in medium bowl, stir together feta, yogurt, oil, vinegar, dill and garlic; set aside.
3.Add chickpeas, fennel, bell pepper, red onion and olives to pasta. When ready to serve, add dressing and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings, including salt and pepper, to taste.