Summer Cucumber Salad
Cool and Creamy side to any grill favorite!
- 4-6 cucumbers, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tea dill
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Stir ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Feel free to switch it up! I've used mediterranean seasoning, cajun-style spices, and other combinations to shake it up1
You'll also love
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mom's Creamy Cucumber Salad 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy cucumber salad with fresh... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Noisettes 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cucumber / Salmon Verrines 2.7/5 (102 Votes)
- Caramel Candy apple salad 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Canned Guava (Fruit) Custard 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!