Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Amazing restaurant quality sweet and sour chicken that you can make from home!
Baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken. Discover our recipe.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.
The breading on the chicken was exactly the same as from an amazing restaurant. I usually use flour to bread my chicken, but I think the difference in this one was cornstarch and eggs. The flavor of the sauce was incredible and it was even thick on top of the chicken.
You'll also love
- Oven Baked Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Salt & Cumin Roast Chicken 3.7/5 (59 Votes)
- Chicken- Aromatic Green 3.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Bake 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 3/5 (311 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 3.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramelized Chicken 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken 3.1/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.