- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Using a mandoline, slice the apples as thinly as you can.
Mix the sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow bowl and dip the apple slices lightly in the mixture, just lightly coating them.
Lay the slices on the baking sheets, about 12 slices per sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove one pan at a time and flip the apple slices over with tongs. When you return pans to oven, also rotate them - put the one that was on the top rack on the bottom. Bake for one more hour.
Remove pans from oven. Apple slices will start to harden up pretty quickly. Remove with tongs.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.