Hot Baked Cinnamon Apples
These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust.
- 10 apples
- peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.
"It is remarkable how closely the history of the apple tree is connected with that of man."
You'll also love
- Awesomest Pumpkin Pie Ever 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Fantasy Fudge 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Gorganzala Salad (copycat... 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Homemade Custard 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chip Protein Bars 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Sydney's Spice bread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.