Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 ts. salt
- 1/4 ts. pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 4 green onions
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350
bake potatoes for an hour.
While potatoes bake, cook bacon. Let it cook, crumble it, then set aside.
Allow potatoes to cool for 10 mins.
Cut potatoes in half and scoop the "flesh" into a bowl.
Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt & pepper, (or accent), 1/2 c. cheese, green onions, and any other desired topping into a bowl and mix well.
Spoon the mixture back into the skins and top with desired toppings.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.