Coq Au Vin
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 3lb Chicken
- 1 Lg Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2C Chicken Stock
- 2C Burgundy Wine
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2T Thyme (if using fresh, use a few sprigs)
- 2T Butter
- 1 Can Mushroom Pieces
- Salt & Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 45mins
In a large dutch oven, brown bacon. Set cooked bacon on paper towels, leaving the drippings behind in the pan.
Add onions to the pot. Add salt and pepper to the chicken and place skin-side down in the pan. Brown the chicken and add the garlic.
Add the chicken stock, wine, bay leaves, thyme and bacon. Simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly (about 20 minutes).
Place chicken and onion on a plate and remove the bay leaves and garlic and discard. Add the mushrooms to the liquid and turn heat up to high, reducing the liquid until it is thick. Lower the heat, stir in butter. Return the chicken and onion and coat with the sauce and serve.
You'll also love
- B&E's Mexican Rice 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Cashew Casarole 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Noodles 2.1/5 (16 Votes)
- favorite chicken salad 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Salmon leek tart 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cold Broccoli Salad with Cashews 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 2.5/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 2/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!