German Party Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter to glaze.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
sprinkle the yeast into 1/2 cup of the milk in a bowl. let stand for 5 minutes.
Warm the remaining milk in a saucepan with the butte and sugar. stir the butter has melted.Cool until lukewarm, then beat in the eggs until evenly combination.
Mix the four and salt in a large bowl.Make a well in the center and pour in the dissolved yeast and the butter mixture.Mix in the flour to form a soft, sticky dough.
Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface.
knead until smooth about10 minutes.
cover with dish towel and let rest until doubled in size.
Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, shape each piece of dough into a smooth ball.
Grease a round cake pan. with the melted butter.
Arrange the shaped rolls in the prepared pan by making an outer ring of 10 rolls and an inner ring of 4 rolls and placing the last roll in the center of two rings.Cover the pan with a dish towel. then proof until doubled in size. Brush the top of each roll with egg glaze and sprinkle with the sesame and poppy seeds.
bake in the preheat oven for 45 minutes, until golden.
You'll also love
- Quick Magic Crustless Quiche 4.3/5 (116 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Bread Machine Bread 4/5 (122 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls - Bread machine 4.2/5 (107 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Small stuffed mushrooms... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- German Apple Cake 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!