Perfect Pecan Pie
Simple, classic pecan pie.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325. Combine butter, sugar, and syrup in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
Add a small amount of hot mix to eggs; add eggs to the hot mix and mix well. Add vanilla and salt and mix well.
Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with pecans. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand until completely cooled.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!