No Bake Vanilla Cake Batter Chocolate Truffles
A new way to use cake mix.
- 1 c vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave (optional and you can just use all sweetened condensed milk if you don’t have agave on hand)
- 1.5 to 2 c chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
This mixture should be quite solid and not runny, but not so dry that you can’t mold it into balls. If you find that your mixture is a little too runny, add a touch more cake mix. If it’s a little too dry, add more sweetened condensed milk/agave. I ended up using about 1.25 c of cake mix to get the perfect consistency.
After you’ve made the dough, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes and then remove and roll into balls.
After the balls have been made, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes minutes or until well-chilled, ensuring the melted chocolate will adhere and set up properly.
Melt the chocolate chips, and dip the chilled cake batter balls into melted chocolate. Using parchment paper is a tip I’d recommend when working with melted chocolate. Place truffles in freezer or fridge to set up.
You'll also love
- Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffles 2.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Gâteau chômeur (cake) 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Mousse Pie 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- No Bake Cookies For Kids 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Vanilla Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!