Quick Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 2 cup chopped roasted, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen mixes vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsely
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and vegetables, cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
While chicken mixture cooks, combine water, flour and broth. Gradually stir broth mixtures into chicken mixture. Stir in salt, pepper and bay leaf, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
Stir in tortilla strips, and cook 2 minutes or until tortilla strips soften. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Discard bay leaf. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Quick Low-Fat Chicken in... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Southern Chicken Dumplings 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hubby's All Around Salad 2.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Paneer Tukra in Cream 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- S.O.S 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- A.K.A. BBQ. Chicken 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Simple Dumpling 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Apple Dumplings 2.4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.