Spanish fried dumplings recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Spanish fried dumplings recipes
Southern Chicken Dumplings
This is my Grandmother's recipe, and is vague in places
- Boiling chicken (hen)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 stick of butter (oleo/margarine)
- Sweet Milk
- Black pepper to taste
How to make Brie and apple empanadas step by step
By Pascale Weeks
They're also called little pillows of heaven!
Quick Chicken and Dumplings
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 2 cup chopped roasted, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen mixes vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsely