Mint Julep Candied Cranberries
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Mint Julep Sugar + 1/2 cup (processed in a food processor so that it is super fine).
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of Mint Julep Sugar in a medium sauce pan. Make a simple syrup by heating the mixture over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Take the simple syrup off the burner. Allow the simple syrup to sit off the burner for 2-3 minutes (if the simple syrup is too hot, the cranberries will break). Add the cranberries. Allow the simple syrup and cranberries to cool until it is safe to put in a container and into the refrigerator. Allow the cranberries to soak in simple syrup overnight (or at leas 5 hours). With a slotted spoon, place the cranberries into a colander so they can strain for 2 minutes or so. Sprinkle the processed Mint Julep Sugar onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment. With a fork or spoon, roll the cranberries into the sugar. Allow the cranberries to dry for a few more hours. Freeze the cranberries and enjoy in your favorite holiday cocktails.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Sweet Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate Chips 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Pecan Pumpkin Roll 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Broiled Grapefruit 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cranberry Pork 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mum's Easy Peasy Cranberry Orange... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)