Game Day Skinny Chili Dog's n' Onion Rings
So here is a great dinner for today's afternoon game keeping it healthy!...The perfect guy football food .. but I used turkey chili instead of regular to lessen the fat.. the guy's won't taste the difference, and those onion rings, they were baked not fried!
Pretty clever, so get set for a great game the Green Bay Packers from my home state of Wisconsin are in the NFL first round playoffs, it will be a good game! And for those of you brave enough to be at the game tomorrow in the chilly frozen tundra of Green Bay stay safe, stay warm and let's play some football!
- 2 pounds lean Turkey ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the turkey ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until beef is browned. Drain. Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker and stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and mustard. Season with celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Cover and simmer on Low setting for a few hours before serving.enjoy!
- Skinny Baked Onion Ring's
- 1 sweet yellow onion cut into rings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the flour. In another large bowl, add the buttermilk, egg white, and seasonings and whisk to combine. Add the crushed coating to a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Dip each onion ring into the flour, then into the buttermilk, and add to the zip lock bag. Work in small batches (I put about 5 onion rings in the bag at a time), then seal it and shake well to coat. Place the coated onion rings on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat for the rest of the onion rings.
- Spray the coated onion rings with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Enjoy!
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
please see above
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.