Recipes for onion rings - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Onion rings recipes
Game Day Skinny Chili Dog's n' Onion Rings
By european cutie, European Cutie
So here is a great dinner for today's afternoon game keeping it healthy!
- 2 pounds lean Turkey ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the turkey ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until beef is browned. Drain. Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker and stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and mustard. Season with celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Cover and simmer on Low setting for a few hours before serving.enjoy!
- Skinny Baked Onion Ring's
- 1 sweet yellow onion cut into rings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the flour. In another large bowl, add the buttermilk, egg white, and seasonings and whisk to combine. Add the crushed coating to a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Dip each onion ring into the flour, then into the buttermilk, and add to the zip lock bag. Work in small batches (I put about 5 onion rings in the bag at a time), then seal it and shake well to coat. Place the coated onion rings on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat for the rest of the onion rings.
- Spray the coated onion rings with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Enjoy!
Top 10 ways to never cry from an onion again!
Read our top tips on cutting an onion, without the tears!
light crispy batter
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a deep bowl
- 1cup potato flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash cayenne powder
- 2 tblsp vegie oil
- 1egg beaten
- 3/4cup milk
How to make a bloomin' good onion blossom
By Pascale Weeks
Get our easy step-by-step recipe now.
onion ring batter
mix ingredients. dip sliced onion rings in batter & then fry in hot oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
Fat Ronnie's Onion Rings
I don't remember where I found this recipe but it beats all the others we have tried
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 LARGE sweet onion (we also have used N.Y.BOLD onions)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying