Jalepeno Popper Chicken
- 2 Chicken breast
- pounded thin
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 jalepenos
- seeded and diced
- 2 slices bacon
- cooked and crumbled (saving bacon grease for frying)
- flour for dredging
- seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- whisked with a splash of milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix cream cheese, diced jalepenos and crumbled bacon.
Season chicken breast, top and bottom with salt and pepper.
Fill chicken breast with 1/2 cheese mixture. Wrap chicken around cheese mixture to close. Fill and wrap remaining chicken breast.
Dredge chicken in flour, then egg mixture and then in bread crumbs.
Pan fry in bacon grease or oil to lightly brown each side of chicken.
Put chicken in oven proof pan. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until cooked.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.