Broccoli Cheese Rice
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 small jar Cheese Wiz
- 1 bag of instant rice (any brand works but I usually use the store brand)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk (empty cream of chicken soup can)
- 1 package of chopped broccoli (if you like a lot of broccoli use a big bag, not so much use a smaller bag)
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil the rice following the directions on the box. Chop the onion and sauté in butter. Cook the broccoli following the instructions on package (I use the microwave instructions). In large bowl whisk can of soup, can of milk, jar of cheese wiz, and salt and pepper together. Once the onion, rice, and broccoli are done, pour them in the bowl with the cheese sauce and mix well. Pour mixture into a glass casserole dish (if making a full batch will need to use your largest dish or two medium dishes). Top with shredded cheese and place in oven. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes – 1 hour. The top should be golden brown and bubbly. When done, take out of the oven and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes. It can be runny right out of the oven but will set up when it sets for a short time. ENJOY!!!
You'll also love
- Armenian Rice 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Risotto 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Zucchini pasta 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Donna Phillip's Sausage and Rice... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Perogies 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Casserole with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.