Lemon Ice Box Pie (Nana's)
- 2 Egg Yellows
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Can Eagle Brand Milk
- Vanilla Wafers
- Melted Butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat all ingredients together besides butter and vanilla wafers.
Crumble vanilla wafers up till fine and put into a pie plate. Pour melted butter over them until they are moist enough to press down to make a pie crust. Put whole wafers around the sides.
But mixture into the pie plate. Then beat 2 egg whites together with 3 spoons of sugar until fluffy and put on top. Sprinkle some crumbled wafers on top and refrigerate.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!