Moms turkey dressing
- 1 loaf bread
- 6 medium sized onions chopped and sauteed
- 1 to 2 apples peeled and chopped
- sage to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Dry a loaf of bread the night before.Separate the slices and lay out overnight or longer to dry out bread.
Saute chopped onions in margarine or butter.Break bread into1 inch pieces .
Combine all ingredients and use to stuff turkey,place dressing in any opening available .Left over dressing can be placed in a pan and cooked in the oven with the turkey.
Once turkey is stuffed follow cooking directions for turkey.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!