Fabulous Turkey Stuffing
This is my twist on my Mother in Laws turkey stuffing!
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1/4 cup fresh
- dried summer savour
- 4 onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Toss the bread cubes with the summer savoury until evenly distributed.
Combine onions and butter or margarine in frying pan and saute over low heat until onions are tender and translucent. Add raisins and saute for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add to the bread cubes.
Grease a large casserole or roasting pan and dump in the stuffing. Moisten the bread with the broth as desired. If you like a drier stuffing use only the 1 cup and if you like it moister add more broth. Season with salt to taste. Cover pan with foil or lid.
Bake at 350 degrees or until steaming and cooked through. If you like it darker or a little crispy on top remove the cover for the last 10 minutes of baking.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Aunt Georgann's Dressing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quail with Raisins and Bacon 4.8/5 (65 Votes)
- Spiced Beef cheeks with Carrots... 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
- Traditional Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- 60 Minute Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meat pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Left Over Thanksgiving Day Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!