veal with chestnuts
- 1.5 lbs veal fillet
- 1/4 lb (3-4 oz) bacon
- 1/2 lb (6-8 oz) chestnuts fresh or frozen
- 1 cabbage
- 3-4 carrots (2 cups chopped)
- 1 onions (1 cup)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves,
- 4 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 3/4 tbsp butter,
- Salt and pepper.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and cut onions into cubes and carrots.
Cut the cabbage into 4 and blanch. Drain and squeeze out water. Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
In a pan, add the veal to a olive oil and brown on all sides. Add onions, bacon and chestnuts, salt and pepper. Let brown.
Pour mixture into an oven proof baking dish. Add cabbage placing in each of the four corners (large rounded side face outward).
Butter the cabbage.
Add salt and pepper.
Bake for 25 minutes. Adding water if necessary.
You'll also love
- Itailan Meatballs 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Warming Leftover Chicken Soup 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Best Ever Turkey Burger w/ Turkey... 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Lamb and potato stew 3.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Vodka Cranberry 2/5 (79 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Holiday Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Coffee Viennese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!