Crock Pot Pot Roast
Delicious pot roast. The perfect combination of tender meat, potatoes, carrots and onions.
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 8 medium carrots
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (hint: waxy potatoes will not fall apart during the cooking process like Russet potatoes tend to do).
- 4 cups water
- McCormick Bag N' Season Pot Roast Cooking Bag & Seasoning Mix
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 420mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slice Onion. Wash and Peel Carrots and Potatoes.
Cut carrots to be in uniform size.
Cut potatoes to be in uniform size.
(Hint: Larger sized vegetables hole up better in the cooking broth).
Pour water into bottom of crock pot.
Place carrots, onions and potatoes in the water.
Place roast on top of the vegetables. (Hint: the roast will have a better flavor if it isn't "boiled" in the broth on the bottom of the pot).
Sprinkle the McCormick Seasoning Mix on top of the roast.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
This seasoning mix works great in the crock pot!
Be creative with the McCormick Seasoning packets that you have on hand.
You'll also love
- Chunky Chili 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- home made dinner bowls 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Warming Leftover Chicken Soup 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Pork Loin Rib End Roast 3.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lamb and potato stew 3.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Crockpot ham 2.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Pot Roast 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Roast 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!
Review this recipe