Nanny Byrnes Snow Balls, a great desert with a glass of milk
- 3 cups white sugar
- 12 Tbs cocoa
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 Tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 8 cups of oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut + extra for rolling
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, vanilla, and milk stir in pot on medium heat until all is melted and mixed together.
Let cool for 15 minutes.
Mix oats and coconut together, pour cooled liquid over dry mixture and fold together.
Roll into balls, then roll balls into pan of coconut.
Store in air-tight container. Freezes well.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1447 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1138 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (943 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (387 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (338 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (215 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top... 2.8/5 (206 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.