Kielbasa and Cabbage
- 6 slicesbacon
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium high heat until browned, turning once. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings, and place on paper towels.
Stir water, sugar, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, seasoned salt, and caraway seeds into drippings. Add cabbage, and gently stir. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add kielbasa to the pan. Cook, covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Crumble bacon over top, and serve hot.
also delicious with cut up potatoes in it.
You'll also love
- Best Homemade Cheeseball with... 4.2/5 (142 Votes)
- Mexican Breakfast Burrito 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Duck Breast with Parline,... 3.4/5 (192 Votes)
- Kielbasa and Beans 3/5 (20 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash 2.2/5 (58 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Sun Dried Tomato Pesto 1.7/5 (98 Votes)
- Bacon, Lettuce Tomato sandwich... 1.9/5 (84 Votes)
- Linguine with bacon and fresh herbs 2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture