No-Yeast, No-Wait, Flatbread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp fresh chopped herbs or other seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and herbs/seasonings.
Mix in butter/margarine.
Slowly add water until sticky/firm dough texture is achieved.
Split in two, pat into thin flatbreads.
Cook on barbeque, stovetop, oven, or campfire, approximately 8 minutes on each side on medium-low or until cooked and light golden or grill marks.
1. Serve with soup, dip, curry, or as a pizza crust.
2. Add yogurt to make more flexible.
You'll also love
- Cocktail Meatballs 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Hot Artichoke Dip 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut cookies 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortbread Protein... 3.5/5 (21 Votes)
- All Hail the Kale Chips! 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Monkey Bread 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!