sizwan fried rice
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 6-8 dried red chilies seeded
- 8 tbsp oil
- 2 medium oniions
- 2 inch pieces ginger finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 4-6 french beans finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
to make the sizwan sauce boil red chillies in 1 cup water for 10-15 min. heat 6 tbsp oil in a non stick pot. add 1 onion chopped and saute for a min. add ginger garlic and mix well
drain red chilies and grind to a smooth paste add this to the pot and mix. add tomato ketchup and mix well. add salt, vinegar and mix. heat 2 tbsp oil in another non stick pot. chop the remaining onion and add to the pot along with beans, carrot and toss. add 2 tbsp sizwan sauce, rice, salt, vinegar and toss add 2 tbsp water and toss again. serve hot
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!