Parmesan & Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
This recipe yields one large loaf.
Garlic and cheese make everything better.
Get the FULL recipe here.
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups barely warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose (or bread) flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Stir together the yeast and water in a large bowl.
Let sit 5 minutes until yeast is foamy. Mix in the olive oil, salt, and flour.
Knead the bread:
If you have a stand mixer, knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, or until elastic.
If you are doing this by hand, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until dough is elastic, 7-10 minutes.
Place the ball of dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until dough is doubled in size.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine melted butter, parsley flakes, and minced garlic. Set aside.
Punch down the dough. Tear off small pieces of dough (roughly the size of a medium spoon), coat in the butter mixture, and place in the bottom of a bundt pan.
Repeat this process until you have one layer of dough balls.
Sprinkle on 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Continue layering the dough balls and cheese until you have 3 layers.
Cover the pan with a clean towel and allow to sit until dough has doubled in size, 20-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
Serve hot with a side of marinara or tomato sauce.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (171 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (279 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (141 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (227 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (125 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.