- 1lb ground beef or chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sweet pepper or several small chopped
- 5 -6 cups pinto beans with juice
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 C taco seasoning
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef (or cook chicken and shred.)
Sautee onions and peppers till tender.
Add rest of the ingredients and heat until boiling.
Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.