Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers
Awesome stuffed bell peppers, loved by all. These great tasting stuffed bell peppers make a delicious meal served with mashed potatoes or any other veggie of choice.
- 4 green, red, or yellow bell peppers (look for flat bottom)
- 1 lb ground beef (low fat, 90% if possible)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (crumbled bread, crackers, etc)
- 2 eggs
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- seasoning salt
- sprinkle of salt/pepper (don't forget to throw over your shoulder)
- cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 27mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Chop edible part of tops and set aside. Rinse peppers under cold water. Take a fork and poke holes in the bottoms of each pepper for grease drainage. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, pepper pieces, bread crumbs, eggs, tomato sauce, seasoning salt, pepper, and salt. Mix well.
Could add Worcestershire sauce, parsley, etc.
You are essentially making a meatloaf, if you have a different meat loaf recipe you prefer.
Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in a 3-quart baking dish. Arrange any extra stuffing around the peppers. Bake for 60 minutes, or until done.
During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, top stuffed peppers with a small dollop of ketchup and lots of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted.
You can turn the broiler on during the last 5 minutes, if you want the cheese to melt faster and brown a bit.
You'll also love
- Chicken liver 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Channa Chaat 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes with Eggplant 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Mary's Meatloaf 4/5 (73 Votes)
- Super Easy Italian Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Macaroni 'N Cheese Casserole 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Baked Sloppy Joe Squares 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!