Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
This is a classic restaurant salad that is easy to make with ingredients that you may already have on hand. It has the crunch of the turkey bacon and the sweet and sour tang of the dressing which makes it a perfect adaptation of the original.
- 1 package baby spinach (about 9-10 oz) or that much washed spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4-5 pieces of organic turkey bacon
- ¼ cup onion
- grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons xylitol
- OPTIONAL: Chopped hard boiled egg
- red bell peppers
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the spinach (and optional vegetables if desired) in a large bowl.
Fry the bacon in the grapeseed oil until crisp. Remove, drain on paper towels and chop.
Keep the leftover oil in the pan and cook the onion in the fat for 2-3 minutes, and then add the garlic – cook for 15-30 seconds but DO NOT let the garlic brown.
Add the vinegar, and scrape up the brown bits in the pan.
Add the salt, pepper, and xylitol. Stir to dissolve, and pour the dressing over the spinach. Top with the chopped bacon.
You'll also love
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.4/5 (259 Votes)
- Spinach and Curry sauce Briouats 3.4/5 (230 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad 4.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Holiday Chicken Roulade with... 5/5 (10 Votes)
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds 2.8/5 (18 Votes)