Apple and bacon salad recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Apple and bacon salad recipes
Warm potato salad with bacon
Combine the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by a couple of inches in a large saucepan
- 5 thick strips bacon
- 1 large red or yellow onion
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- and cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 3 pounds small yellow Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 green onions
- thinly sliced
- including the greens
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
Just stuff it! 15 creative Thanksgiving stuffing ideas
By Pascale Weeks
Quit using prepared packaged foods for Thanksgiving. Here are 15 CREATIVE stuffing ideas for your juicy turkey feast this year!
Easy Sweet Onion and Broccoli Salad
This easy salad only has four ingredients, and even the dressing comes together in a simple two minutes
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli
- 3 cups of fresh cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of sweet onions (diced)
- 1/2 a package or bacon
- 1 cup of mayo
- 3 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of suger
36 stuffings that will take your burger from mediocre to mind-blowing
Inside-burgers that are on point
Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds
Wash ,dry and cut into bite size flower-ettes
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/4 c bacon bits
- 1 sm red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c mayo
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Granny's German Potato Salad
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 4 lbs red potatoes (the small red potatoes are the best)
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 2 c celery
- 2 c white onion
- 3/4 lb hickory smoked bacon
- 3/4 c - 1 c apple cider vinegar (this depends on how tart you prefer the dressing and the type of vinegar used)
- 3 c water
- 4 TBS flour
- 2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- drippings from cooked bacon
- Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper
- white pepper to taste
- Bourbon Smoked Paprika
Alternative Stuffing Recipes You Need To Try
From Asian pear to quinoa and beyond, these original Thanksgiving stuffing recipes are dressed to impress!
Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
This is a classic restaurant salad that is easy to make with ingredients that you may already have on hand
- 1 package baby spinach (about 9-10 oz) or that much washed spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4-5 pieces of organic turkey bacon
- ¼ cup onion
- grated or minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons xylitol
- OPTIONAL: Chopped hard boiled egg
- red bell peppers
No Mayo Broccoli Salad
Blanch broccoli florets by adding them to boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes
- 1 head broccoli
- chopped (about 4 cups florets)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Optional: ½ cup cooked crumbled turkey bacon
- Honey Yogurt Dressing
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- Pepper to taste