Our best holiday potato salad recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Holiday potato salad recipes
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
By happyfoodstube, Happy Foods Tube
Lighter dill pickle potato salad without mustard and vinegar
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 4 Medium Carrots
- 2 lb Potatoes (low-starch ones, if possible)
- 1 cup Dill Pickles , Diced
- 1/3 cup Pickle Juice
- ½ Medium Onion
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
10 world foods that won't make you fat
By Déborah Deprez
Try these 10 lightened-up world dishes to satisfy your exotic food cravings without packing on the pounds!
Warm potato salad with bacon
Combine the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by a couple of inches in a large saucepan
- 5 thick strips bacon
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 3 pounds small yellow Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, including the greens
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
10 dirt-cheap foods that won't ruin your health
By Déborah Deprez
Because we're all a little tired of Ramen...
Dad's Potato Salad
The BEST potato salad ever!
- 6-8 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 hard boiled eggs