- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c light karo syrup
- 1/2 c dark karo syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 c pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
in mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar
add both syrups, eggs, vanilla, and pecans, beat well
pour into pie shell and bake at 350 for about 40 min or until pie is dry/cracked and not jiggly
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!