- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped about 1 cup
- 1 can Franco American Beef Gravy
- 1 can about 15 oz kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large jalapeno peper seeded and finely chopped
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- Shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and onions tender, stirring to separate meat. Spoon off meat.
Add gravy, undrained beans, chili powder, ketchup, garlic powder and jalapeno pepper. Heat to boiling, Reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice. Sprinkle with Cheese
You'll also love
- Easy Bean and Pepper Chili 4.1/5 (128 Votes)
- Spicy Jalepeno Chili with Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jen's Whipped Chocolate Pudding 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Crayfish 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Mom's Mexican Rice 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grandmas Meat Loaf 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- DAL 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Chili Mac Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.