Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 15-oz. can black beans - no salt added - rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa - cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried if fresh is not available)
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper - seeded and finely diced
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix beans, quinoa, corn, pepper, mango, onion, cilantro and jalapeño together in a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and turmeric together.
Toss into salad mixture and chill until serving time.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.