Easy Winter Chicken Pot Pie
By JOSEY STUBBS
Enjoy homemade chicken pot pie taste made extra easy. Use whatever ingredients you have on hand!
Serve this hearty pie with purchased Caesar salad. For a quick dessert, drizzle caramel topping over apple slices.
- 1 2/3 Cups Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 Cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 Can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 Cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken and soup.
2. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crust golden brown.
If you have leftover cooked vegetables, use them instead of the frozen vegetables.
Try a variety of mixed vegetables and condensed cream soups, depending on your taste and what’s available in your pantry.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken Soup with Fresh... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Noodle Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Chili Mac Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Creamy Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiddie Chicken Pot Pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe