Glazed baby carrots
They taste so sweet that noone will guess there fat free!
- 1 pound peeled baby carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 9mins
Cost Average budget
In a medium sauce pain bring 2 inches of water to a boil over high heat. Place a steamer basket in saucepan, place carrots in saucepan. Cover and steam untill carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
In a large skillet combine orange juice and brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in carrots, cook over medium high heat untill orange juice mixture thickens. about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley, toss to combine.
Place carrots on serving platter
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.