Caramel Pecan Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (3oz)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat first amount of butter and chocolate together in pan on low heat until melted. Pour into small bowl and cool to room temp.
Melt second amount of butter,add in the brown sugar then the evaporated milk. Heat on low until smooth.
Pour into greased foil lined 9x9 pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
Beat sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs together. Add the chocolate mixture. Add in remaining dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
Spoon carefully over the caramel and pecans.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
Immediately invert onto plate and remove foil.
Cool for 20 min before slicing.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!