Maple Sugar Frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white beaten
- maple syrup
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil syrup until it spins a hair. Pour syrup into egg whites and beat. Make sure you are beating while pouring or it will crystalize.
You'll also love
- Dad's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Turning store cookies into home... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Frosted Blueberry Biscuits 3.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Easy Pizza 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coconut Buttercream Icing 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- papas whipped cream 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Maple Walnut Fudge 2 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.