4 Layer Bars
A creamy and rich desert with crunchiness, too.
- 1 pkg. (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup m&m's
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cake mix, butter, and egg until well blended. Spread onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13X9 cake pan to form the crust.
Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Sprinkle marshmallows, candies, and peanuts over the crust. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to puff. Let cool completely, then cut and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!