The Best Chicken Pad Thai
- 10 oz dried flat Thai rice noodles - similar to Italian linguini, but made of rice
- 1 onion- sliced
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- ¼ cup ground or chopped peanuts (unsalted)
- 3 spring onions - finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil - roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons Sriracha
- Splash of water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 30 minutes. The noodles should still be firm and very chewy.
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until sugar dissolves then set aside.
Place remaining oil in wok. Over medium-high heat, stir-fry chicken, then remove. Add in onion, ginger and garlic, sauté until transparent. Add you chicken back into the pan.
Add the noodles, as you stir-fry them, drizzle the sauce over a little at a time. Lift and turn the noodles very gently (or they will break up) to combine all the ingredients as you stir-fry (approx 1-2 minutes).
Clear a space in the middle of the wok, crack eggs into it and stir-fry (like scrambled eggs) until they're cooked. The eggs will have made the wok a little dry, add a little more oil and spread it around.
The wok should be fairly dry at this point. If you find your noodles are sticking to the bottom of the pan, add a little more oil. Add bean sprouts, mixing well and stir-frying to combine. The noodles are cooked when they are soft, but still chewy in texture. If your noodles are still a little on the "hard" side, stir-fry a little longer over medium heat. If too sour, add a little white sugar, if too salty, add more lime juice. Remove from heat & serve immediately, placing the Pad Thai on the plate, sprinkle with spring onions, ground peanuts & basil.
You'll also love
- Thai Chicken Noodles with Red... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Coconut Red Bean Soup 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- ASIAN STEW 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan with Mozzarella 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dan Dan Noodles 9pts 1/5 serving 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Five-Spice Ginger Chicken and Thai... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.