Delicious Holiday Food Traditions Around The World
Holiday season isn't over yet! Discover the fascinating and delicious ways in which people celebrate their holidays around the world...
© China Sichuan Food
China: Mooncakes for Mid-Autumn Festival
The Chinese enjoy mooncakes all year round but especially during the Mid-Autumn Festival which celebrates the harvest and moon watching. Sweet mooncakes are usually round (reflecting the eponymous moon) and stuffed with red bean paste, black sesame paste, and lotus root paste. Interested in making these delicious lunar treats? Check out the recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.