Delicious Holiday Food Traditions Around The World
© Simply Recipes
Sweden: Saffron Buns for St. Lucia's Day
One of the biggest winter celebrations in Sweden is St. Lucia's Day, also known as the Festival of Light which falls on December 13th. The holiday is in honor of a young Christian girl who was martyred in 304, and features a young girl dressed in a white dress with a red sash around the waist and wears a crown of candles. On this day, "Lussekatts" saffron-flavored buns in the shape of an S are traditionally baked and eaten for breakfast. Get the recipe for them here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.