German Chocolate Cake
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Pkg 4oz Bakers Greman Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Slightly Beaten Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Cake - Mix flour with sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir butter to soften. Add flour mixture, buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and chocolate. Blend. Then beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into 2 well greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes. Let cool.
Combine ingredients, except coconut and pecans, in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat continuously stirring until thickened, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Add coconut and chopped pecans, stir. Cool until thickened enough to spread, stir occasionally.
Spread over both cakes and layer them filling the middle seam with remaining frosting.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 4.3/5 (218 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Ritz Cracker Fluff 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Classic Banana Bread 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Hobo eclairs 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- No Bake PB and Chocolate Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- buttercream recipe 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Wacky Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!