Best Banana Bread
Moist, scrumptious, and simple
- 4 bananas
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup & 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 8 x 6 pan with Crisco. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Bake in oven for 60 min or when toothpick is inserted and removed clean. Allow to cool for over an hour so bread can set.
Crust of bread will be somewhat hard
You'll also love
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Easily Adaptable Banana Bread... 4/5 (68 Votes)
- Grammy's Ruby Cake 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Fudgy No-Bakes 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Quick Bread 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Loaded Tater Tots 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Sugarless Cookies 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Chilli and garlic bread 2.6/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!