Coconut Buttercream Icing
easy, fluffy, not too sweet
- .25 c butter
- .25 c shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1.5 c icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- .5 c shredded coconut
- food colouring if desired
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
beat butter and shortening, add extract
slowly add in the icing sugar and beat til incorporated
add the milk and beat until fluffy, add food colouring at this point
fold in the coconut
spread onto cupcakes
this generously ices 12 cupcakes, and can be doubled for a cake
You'll also love
- Orange Rolls 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- The Best Chocolate Cupcakes 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- German Chocolate cake frosting 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pecan Pumpkin Roll 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- buttercream recipe 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Basic Buttercream Icing 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- rocky road easy bars 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.